Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with pecans, bacon, onion, dried cranberries, parmesan cheese and a simple balsamic vinaigrette.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squashes , peeled and chopped into 3/4-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 heaping cups fresh kale , chops and ribs removed
- 3-4 heaping cups fresh spinach leaves , chopped
- 6 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or craisins
- 1/2 cup pecans , chopped (*see note below)
- 1/4 red onion , thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
For the balsamic vinaigrette:
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
For the vinaigrette, whisk all ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to use.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Spread butternut squash pieces into a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Toss gently to coat and then roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing once during cooking, until squash is tender.
Allow to cool while you prepare the rest of the salad.
Add kale and spinach to a large salad bowl.
Top with remaining salad ingredients Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss gently.
Consider using candied pecans!
Top with grilled chicken, to make it a meal.
Calories: 498kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 263mg | Potassium: 102mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 145IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 0.7mg