When it comes to sweets, cake is my weakness. Don’t get me wrong, I love pies, cookies, bars and anything else sweet too, but there’s no treat more tempting than chocolate cake.
A few of my all time favorite chocolate cakes include:
This Mississippi Mud Cake is a chocolate lovers dream! A delicious homemade chocolate cake with melted marshmallows and warm chocolate frosting poured on top. Trust me, it’s as delicious as it sounds!
- One Chocolate Cake, Homemade recipe found HERE, baked in a 9x13'' pan
- 1 (10.5 oz) bag of miniature marshmallows
- For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 6 Tablespoons milk
- 3 heaping Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Bake chocolate cake according to instructions. Remove cake from oven and sprinkle marshmallows all over the cake, completely covering it. Return to oven (at 350 degrees F) for 2-3 minutes or until the marshmallows are just slightly puffed and melted. Allow cake to cool completely before drizzling frosting on top.
- For the frosting: Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add milk and cocoa powder and whisk well. Cook for about 2-3 more minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and powdered sugar. Use an electric mixer to make the frosting smooth. Drizzle warm frosting immediately over cake. Refrigerate cake for for about 30 minutes or until frosting has set. Store at room temperature.
If you like this recipe you may like: