A white cake, layered with Lemon Cream Mousse and fresh berries. This Berry cake is as delicious as it is beautiful, and it’s deceivingly easy to make!
There’s nothing quite as satisfying as creating something BEAUTIFUL, that looks super impressive, but is one of the EASIEST desserts ever, to make. Some of my desserts that fall into this easy/impressive category include:
I love the simplicity of this cake. Three round layers of cake with lemon cream mousse and berries layered in between.
If it’s easy enough for my husband to make me for Mother’s Day, then I’d say it’s easy enough 😉 . And my kids love to help put the berries on. You really wont be disappointed in this delicious and beautiful cake!
Consider trying these popular dessert recipes:
- Raspberry Pretzel Jello Dessert
- Triple Berry Crisp
- Berry Cake with Lemon Cream Mousse
- Berry Shortcake with Coconut Whipped Cream
- German Chocolate Cake
- Snickerdoodles Bars
- Mississippi Mud Brownies
- Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
- Mrs. Fields Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Apple Crisp
Berry Cake with Lemon Cream Mousse
- 1 batch lemon cream mousse , can be made in advance
- 1 white cake , baked into three 8 or 9 inch round pans (from scratch, or a cake mix would work)
- 2 cups fresh raspberries , about 12 ounces
- 2 cups fresh blueberries , about 12 ounces
- 2 cups fresh blackberries , about 12 ounces
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries
- Rinse all of the fresh fruit and gently pat dry with a paper towel. Slice strawberries.
- Place one cake round on your serving plate.
- Spoon 1/2 - 2/3 cup mousse onto the cake and smooth it towards the edges, leaving at least 1'' of cake uncovered around the edge.
- Place an assortment of berries on top. Repeat with remaining layer of cake.
- Serve, or cover well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.