Cheesy Egg, Avocado and Ham Breakfast Sandwiches are perfect for using your leftover ham! They also make the best, easy freezer meal.
Is everybody gearing up for Easter yet? We have our Easter egg hunts scheduled, and I’m already thinking ahead to what I’ll serve on Easter Sunday. We’ll probably have one of my favorite fruit salads as a side with Au Gratin potatoes, and some roasted vegetables. But the star of the show, of course, will be the ham. What’s Easter without ham, right?!
You’ve heard me say it before, but when it comes to meats like ham, bacon, and sausage, I always choose Jones Dairy Farm brand. They don’t use any fillers or binders so you’re guaranteed all natural, high quality products. Their ham has the best rich and smoky flavor. And seriously, I LOVE having lots of leftover Easter ham. I use it on sandwiches, or in some of these great leftover ham recipes. Jones Dairy Farm offers several different ham products too, including Old-Fashioned Whole hams, Bone-In, Semi-Boneless and Boneless hams. You can see their full selection of hams here, or find Jones Dairy Farm products near you by searching here.
Since we will be a small group this Easter I’ll be buying their smaller boneless ham. It’s the perfect size for us and still leaves me with plenty of leftovers. And you can bet these Cheesy Egg, Avocado, and Ham Breakfast Sandwiches will be made every morning after Easter. I like a big breakfast that’s healthier, so I can feel fueled in the morning and ready to conquer the day. I like feeding my kids a hearty breakfast as well so they aren’t asking for snacks so often during the morning. These can be whipped together super quickly, and you can even make a big batch for freezer meals if you’d like. See the note at the end of the recipe for freezing.
CONSIDER TRYING THESE BREAKFAST FAVORITES:
- Classic French Toast
- German Pancakes
- Breakfast Quessadillas
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos
Cheesy Egg Avocado and Ham Breakfast Sandwich
- 4 English muffins
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 5 large eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes , to taste (optional)
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- Jones Dairy Farm Boneless Ham slices or Ham Slices
- 1 roma tomato sliced
- 1 avocado , mashed
- Toast English muffins and spread a thin layer of butter on each side.
- Add eggs to a bowl with 2 tsp of water and whisk really well, until smooth. Heat a small skillet over medium heat and grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 of the whisked eggs into the pan, like you're making a pancake. Season the top with a little salt and pepper and crushed red pepper, if desired.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes and then gently flip to the other side. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Fold it in half (to make a semi-circle), and then in half again (like a triangle). Place on the bottom of one English muffin. Repeat 3 times with remaining batter (to make 3 more egg "pancakes").
- Top egg with cheese, 1 or 2 ham slices, a thin slice of tomato, and a big spoonful of mashed avocado. Top with the other half of the English muffin. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
This post is brought to you by Jones Dairy Farm. As always, all opinions are my own.