Pumpkin Dream Dessert is a layered pudding dessert with a soft shortbread crust, whipped sweet cream cheese layer and pumpkin pudding layer. We love this easy pumpkin dessert!
It’s Fri-YAY and my pumpkin craze is just getting started! I love simple pumpkin desserts that use basic ingredients, like this Pumpkin Dream Dessert. It’s dreamy in all of it’s whipped fluffy goodness.
Some of my favorite simple fall desserts include:
- The BEST Apple Crisp
- Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Fresh Apple Cake
- Baked Apples
- Pumpkin Roll Cake
I modeled this recipe off of my favorite layered chocolate pudding dessert. Tell me you’ve heard of layered pudding desserts like this before? They’re classic, but let me tell you what makes this one stand out.
First, it uses real whipping cream. I try not to ever buy frozen “whipped topping” when fresh whipped cream tastes SO much better and is just as easy. Some people like to top this dessert with another full layer of whipped cream.
I like to see the colored pudding beneath it and think it’s more fun to just add a dollop of whipped cream to each slice at the end.
The shortbread crust in this recipe is SOFT and delicious. You don’t have to worry about a dry, crumbly crust here. And, it’s not too thin, like you may notice in other recipes. The crust is topped with a whipped cream cheese layer, and then (in this case) a pumpkin pudding layer. A super easy, mostly no-bake, delicious fall pumpkin dessert!
CONSIDER TRYING THESE PUMPKIN DESSERT RECIPES:
- Skinny Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
- Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Bread with Brown Butter Maple Glaze
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Pumpkin Dream Dessert
- 3/4 cup cold butter , cut into pieces (12 tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans , finely chopped
Cream cheese layer:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar (divided)
- 12 ounces cream cheese , room temperature
- 7.8 ounces vanilla instant pudding (2 -3.9 oz. packages or about 3 1/2 cups homemade vanilla pudding)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the flour in a medium bowl and cut in the cold butter with a pastry blender or fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the chopped nuts. Press mixture firmly into a lightly greased 9x13 inch pan and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the pan to a wire rack and let it cool completely.
Cream cheese layer:
- In a medium bowl, combine the heavy whipping cream and 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
- Beat well with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- In another large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Gently fold in about 3/4 of the sweetened whipped cream (reserving the remaining for topping on the dessert at the end).
- Refrigerate the extra sweetened whipped cream until later.
- In another large bowl combine the dry pudding mixes, milk (if using homemade pudding, don't add the extra 2 cups of milk!), canned pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir well to combine.
- Once crust is completely cool, smooth the whipped cream cheese layer over the top into an even layer.
- Top the cream cheese layer with the pumpkin pudding and smooth into an even layer. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 3-4 hours.
- To serve, dollop reserved whipped cream on top, with a sprinkle of crushed pecans.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.