This family recipe has been tried and tested hundreds of times, and makes the BEST Pumpkin Cookies. They are easily my favorite Fall cookie and better than you’d find at a bakery!
When it comes to pumpkin season, these pumpkin cookies cookies are on my list of MUST-MAKE recipes. My list also includes: Skinny Pumpkin Muffins, a Classic Pumpkin Roll, and Pumpkin Cheesecake.
I’ve tried so many different recipes for pumpkin cookies, experimenting to find the perfect one, but none have even come close to being as amazing as my Mom’s recipe! When September rolled around these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies would become a Sunday night treat staple. They are fantastic! They’re big and fluffy with the perfect mix of pumpkin flavor and cinnamon spice.
One thing I really love about this recipe is how EASY it is. I can have a batch of these whipped together and ready to eat in 25 minutes.
How to make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Mix sugar and oil. Add the sugar and oil to a mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Add wet ingredients. Add an egg, milk, canned pumpkin and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Mix dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, stir together the dry ingredients, and then add them to the pumpkin mixture, along with the chocolate chips and stir just until incorporated.
- Add to cookie sheet. The batter will be thick and sticky. Use a cookie scoop or a regular spoon to dollop a spoonful of dough onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake them at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
Storing and Freezing pumpkin chocolate chip cookies:
Don’t miss my other favorite pumpkin recipes, like:
- Classic Pumpkin Roll
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Skinny Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Parchment Paper optional
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or spray very lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add sugar and oil to a mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Add egg, milk, pumpkin and vanilla and mix until smooth. In a separate bowl, stir together the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients and chocolate chips to the wet ingredients stir, just until incorporated.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this recipe in October, 2010. Updated September 2019.
Delicious and so easy to make.
it so great for food.
So yummy!!! I’ve made them twice. I skipped the milk and added about 1/3 cup more flour. 10 minutes was perfect for a delicious moist cookie! Thanks for the recipe.
These are light, fluffy, and delicious. The chocolate to cookie ratio is right on. I added a little bit of ginger and nutmeg as well.
Just as described…delicious. Maybe a touch of nutmeg??
See More Comments