Mrs. Fields Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies is one of my family’s most beloved cookie recipes! Perfectly soft and chewy.
This is one of the very first recipes I ever shared on my blog, waaaay back in August of 2010. Back in the day when I blogged just to share recipes with my extended family and to keep a sort of online “recipe book” of all of my favorites. I cant believe how my little site has transformed since then!
There’s a reason it was one of my first recipes to share. It’s my family’s most loved cookie recipe! These are the cookies my mom made growing up and they always got rave reviews from everyone: friends, neighbors, teachers, etc.
I’ve since come to love these Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies as well (my husband’s favorite). This version is equally as amazing, and I really LOVE the addition of powderized oats in them that makes them “chewier” than the others.
Consider trying these popular cookie recipes:
- Browned Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Soft and Chewy Triple Chocolate M&M Cookies
- S’More Cookies
- Red Velvet Sugar Cookies
Mrs. Fields Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounce bags chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer cream together the butter and sugars. Add the eggs, mixing one at a time, and then the vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Add the oats to a blender and blend until powderized,
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oats, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Gently mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips
- Drop cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 F for 9-11 min. or until set. Cookies will harden up as they cool, so don't overcook them 🙂
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.