The BEST Protein Bars are healthy, no-bake, and contain nothing artificial! These are chewy, delicious, easy to customize, and are the perfect healthy snack.
Why I love this recipe:
No Bake – No heating up the house, and only takes 10 minutes to throw the ingredients together and put in the fridge.
Healthy – Nothing artificial here. These bars are filled with normal pantry ingredients and sweetened with honey.
Taste Delicious – I’ve had one to many unappetizing protein bars in my life, so I’m all about making them from scratch, with ingredients I recognize, and they taste wonderful!
Ingredients in Protein Bars:
- Rolled Oats – quick oats would also work.
- Protein Powder – Add your favorite whey or plant based protein powder including Chocolate, vanilla, or plain flavored.
- Peanut Butter – or substitute any nut butter or sunflower butter.
- Honey – Naturally sweetened and no added sugar. You could substitute agave.
- Ground Flax Seed
- Banana – mashed, for sweetness flavor and binding.
- Vanilla Extract
- Mix-Ins – I like to customize my bars with chopped dates, dried fruit (blueberries, cranberries, or raisins), mini chocolate chips, or unsweetened coconut flakes.
How to make Protein Bars:
Combine Ingredients: Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Press into an 11×7 inch pan (or similar size -you could use a 9×13 pan, but not press them all the way to one side).
Refrigerate: Place pan in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before cutting into bars.
Cut Bars: Before cutting, press them down and together tightly. Cut into bars and store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge.
Layer bars in a freezer safe bag or container, with a piece of parchment paper between layers, and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator or on the counter before eating.
- Mix-Ins: Customize these bars with your favorite mix-ins! Some ideas: chopped dates, dried fruit (blueberries, cranberries, or raisins), mini chocolate chips, unsweetened coconut flakes, crispy rice cereal, chopped nuts, or anything you like!
- Nut Butter: Swap out the peanut butter for almond butter, cashew butter, or sunflower butter.
- Protein Powder: Use your favorite kind. Chocolate, vanilla, or plain would all work great for this recipe!
- Vegan Protein Bars Recipe: Use your favorite vegan protein powder.
Follow me for more great recipes
- 1 3/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup peanut butter , or favorite nut butter or sunflower butter
- 1 banana , mashed
- 1/3 cup honey , agave or real maple syrup
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup ground flax seed
- 1 cup protein powder*
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Mix in options: chopped dates, dried fruit (blueberries, cranberries, or raisins), mini chocolate chips, unsweetened coconut flakes, nuts
- Mix all ingredients until well combined. Press into an 11×7 inch pan (or similar size—you could use a 9×13 pan, but not press them all the way to one side). Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting into bars.
- Before cutting, press them down and together tightly. Store bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
This post contains affiliate links.