These healthy Carrot Muffins are made with Greek yogurt, applesauce, shredded carrots, bananas, oats, and whole wheat flour. They are delicious and can be enjoyed guilt free!
What I love about this recipe:
- Healthy: Made with real ingredients, lower sugar, 4 grams of protein, and 2 grams of fiber per muffin!
- Pumpkin Puree: This secret ingredient gives these easy carrot muffins added moistness and natural coloring.
- Freezer Friendly: I am a huge fan of freezing muffins. I keep a stock of healthy muffins in my freezer for my kids (and I) to enjoy for quick breakfasts, snacks, or lunches.
How to Make Healthy Carrot Muffins:
Mix wet ingredients: Add sugar and butter to a mixing bowl and mix well to combine. Add yogurt, applesauce, eggs, pumpkin, carrots and banana and stir well.
Mix dry ingredients: In a separate mixing bowl stir together flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
Combine: Add the wet mixture to dry ingredients and stir, just until combined. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Store muffins at room temperature, in an airtight container, for up to 5 days.
To Freeze: Allow to cool completely then place in a freezer safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature, or stick one frozen muffin in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Mini Muffins: Bake for 10-14 minutes.
- Egg Allergy: Mix 3 tablespoons of flaxseed with ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon of water. Use in place of the 3 eggs called for.
- Vegan Carrot Muffins: Replace eggs with flax mixture above, and use vegan yogurt.
- Gluten-Free Carrot Muffins: Substitute gluten-free flour.
- Carrot Walnut Muffins: Add ½ cup of chopped walnuts, stirred in at the end..
- Raisin Carrot Muffins: Add ½ cup of raisins or dried cranberries, stirred in at the end.
- Carrot Zucchini Muffins: Add ½ cup grated zucchini (squeeze excress moisture out before adding to the batter in step 1).
- Apple Carrot Muffins: Add ½ cup diced apples to the batter in step 1.
Other Healthy Muffin Recipes:
- Healthy Applesauce Oat Muffins
- Banana Bran Muffins
- Skinny Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Greek Yogurt Double Chocolate Muffins
Follow me for more great recipes
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup butter , softened
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cups shredded carrots (about 2 large)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup rolled oats (quick oats will also work)
- 2 cups flour (I use half whole wheat and half all-purpose)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 ½ tsp cinnamon
- Add sugar, butter to a mixing bowl and mix well to combine. Add yogurt, applesauce, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin, carrots and banana and stir well.
- In a separate mixing bowl stir together flour, oats, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Add to the wet mixture and stir, just until combined. Divide batter among greased or lined muffin cups (should make about 18 muffins).
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!