This simple and delicious Pizza Sauce is made with basic pantry ingredients and ready to use in just 5 minutes! I’m confidant you’ll never use canned sauce again!
Making homemade pizza is one of my favorite childhood memories! My mom used to make a double batch of homemade pizza dough and let my friends and I pick out all our own pizza toppings. I am partial towards BBQ Chicken Pizza but I love a good supreme pizza, loaded with everything! If you like white sauce on our pizza, try this Garlic-Ranch Chicken Pizza or Chicken Alfredo Pizza.
How to make your own pizza sauce:
- In a food processor combine diced tomatoes, tomato paste, olive oil, sugar, and spices and blend until smooth. Spread on pizza dough, or refrigerate for up to one week.
Looking for other types of pizza sauce? Try these:
Storing and Freezing Instructions:
You can store pizza sauce in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Freeze the sauce for up to 3 months, stored in a freezer safe container. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Check out all my PIZZA RECIPES, including:
Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes , undrained
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Your homemade pizza sauce is ready to use! You do not need to cook it before spreading it onto pizza dough.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.