This simple and delicious Pizza Sauce is made with basic pantry ingredients and ready to use in just a few minutes! I’m confidant you’ll never use canned sauce again!
Making homemade pizza is one of my favorite childhood memories! My mom used to make a double batch of homemade pizza dough and let my friends and I pick out all our own pizza toppings. I am partial towards BBQ Chicken Pizza but I love a good supreme pizza, loaded with everything! If you like white sauce on our pizza, try this Garlic-Ranch Chicken Pizza or Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Looking for other types of pizza sauce? Try these:
Storing and Freezing Instructions:
You can store pizza sauce in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Freeze the sauce for up to 3 months, stored in a freezer safe container. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Check out all my PIZZA RECIPES, including:
Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes I recommend Cento brand
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper , to taste
- Add oil to a saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Simmer for at least 5-10 minutes, or up to 30.
- Your homemade pizza sauce is ready to use and spread on pizza dough.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
This post contains affiliate links.