Easy Pizza Quesadillas are a 10 minute dinner that is beloved by all! Customize them to add whatever toppings you like!
Sometimes you just need something really fast and easy for dinner that everyone will enjoy, and these Pizza Quesadillas (also called Pizzadillas) are just that! They’re perfect for adding veggies from the fridge that need to be used, and it’s a fun way to mix up your meal routine.
How to Make a Pizza Quesadilla:
Spread the sauce: spread a thin layer of pizza sauce over each tortilla.
Add toppings: On one half of each tortilla, sprinkle a little bit of Italian seasoning, cheese, and other desired toppings.
The cheese matters! More specifically, shredding your own cheese matters. The powder you notice covering pre-shredded cheese is meant to help prevent it from clumping together, however, it also prevents it from melting very well. Your cheese will melt easier and taste yummier if you buy a block and shred it yourself.
Tortillas: Feel free to use regular store-bought flour tortillas, but in my opinion uncooked flour tortillas will take your pizza quesadilla to the next level. You can usually find them pre-made in the refrigerator section, near shredded cheese. Here’s an amazon link.
Toppings: Make a plain cheese pizza quesadilla or add any of your favorite toppings, like pepperoni, mushrooms, olives, chopped bell peppers, etc.
Freeze leftover quesadillas by first laying them in an even layer on a sheet pan to “flash freeze.” Cover the sheet pan loosely with plastic wrap and freeze for 1 hour. Then place them in an air tight, freezer safe container, for up to 2 months. Reheat in the oven at 350F for 10-15 minutes.
- 8 large tortilla tortillas
- 1 cup of your favorite pizza sauce , plus more for dipping, if desired
- 3 cups shredded cheese , mozzarella or Italian blend
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Optional Topping ideas:
- Ground sausage
- Bell pepper
- jalapeño or sweet pepper ring
- Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce over each tortilla.
- On one half of each tortilla, sprinkle a little bit of Italian seasoning, cheese, and other desired toppings. Fold the tortilla in half, bringing the half without toppings up and folding it over on top of the toppings.
- Grease a skillet with a little bit of butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook filled tortilla for 2-3 minutes on each side, flipping once, until toasted on the outside and cheese is melted in the center.
- Remove from heat, cut into wedges and serve. Dip in extra marinara sauce or ranch, if desired.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.