Pimento Cheese BLT Sandwich is a warm, cheesy sandwich made with sourdough bread, slathered with an easy homemade pimento cheese spread. Layered with bacon, lettuce and tomatoes.
I think the first time I heard of and tried Pimento cheese spread was when my little family took a road trip to North Carolina to visit our aunt and uncle. Am I wrong, or is pimento cheese a southerners thing? If so, I’m not sure why, because it’s totally delicious!
I must give my mother and father-in-law total credit for this gem of a recipe. I LOVE a good old fashioned BLT sandwich, but I can confidently say that this Pimento Cheese BLT rocked. my. world.
Spread some delicious, crusty garlic bread with a generous slathering of homemade pimento cheese. Top it with some high quality cooked bacon, fresh green leafy lettuce, and tomatoes. Butter the bread and toast until golden delicious perfection.
This is the perfect sandwich for an easy weeknight meal, especially when you’re looking to mix things up. I’m really confidant your whole family will love it!
Consider trying these simple sandwich recipes:
- Italian Grilled Cheese
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich with Honey Mustard Sauce
Pimento Cheese BLT
For the pimento cheese (can be made in advance):
- 2 ounce jars pimentos , drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon sweet onion , finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
For the sandwiches:
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 slices good quality bacon
- 1 large tomato , sliced
- 4 leaves green leafy lettuce
- butter (for spreading on bread)
For the pimento cheese:
- In a mixing bowl add the pimentos, mayo, sour cream, onion, cayenne and worcestershire and mix well until smooth.
- Stir in grated cheese. Refrigerate until ready to serve. (Leftovers are great with crackers!)
For the sandwiches:
- Cook bacon. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels. Remove grease from the skillet.
- Spread a thin layer of pimento cheese over the inside slices of two pieces of sourdough bread.
- Top with cooked bacon, sliced tomato, and lettuce.
- Top with the other bread slice. Spread a very thin layer of butter over the top slice of bread.
- Place that slice, face down, on a skillet over medium heat. Butter the other top slice of bread.
- Cook for a few minutes or until golden brown on bottom. Flip and cook on the other side until golden. Serve warm.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.