This refreshing and simple Fruit Salad recipe is made with fresh and vibrant fruits and hints of orange and mint. It’s healthy and contains no added sugar!
What I love about this homemade fruit salad:
- Simple to make and takes seconds to throw together!
- Healthy and guilt free! High in fiber and incredible flavor without the heavy syrups or added sugar!
- Easy to customize! Swap out any of these fruits for your favorites!
How to make Fresh Fruit Salad:
- Combine fresh fruit (except the raspberries) in a large bowl.
- Add chopped mint leaves (optional).
- Zest orange over the bowl and squeeze some orange juice on top.
- Add raspberries.
- Serve immediately.
How do you keep it from turning brown?
Keep your fruit from browning by choosing fruits that don’t brown easily. If you choose fruits that do brown (like apples or pears), toss them in lemon juice and add them to the salad just before serving. If you use bananas, slice and add to the top just before serving.
Make Ahead and Freezing Instructions:
To Make Ahead: I like to store each type of chopped fruit separate bags, then combine just before serving. Don’t add the orange juice until you’re ready to serve.
To Freeze: Since freezing fruit alters the texture when it thaws, we do not recommend freezing and thawing fruit salad. You can freeze this fruit and use it in a smoothie for another day!
Swap out any of the fresh fruits for your favorites or the ones that are in season to enjoy all year!
Don’t Miss my other Fruit Salad recipes:
- Ambrosia Fruit Salad
- Jello Fruit Salad
- Apple Cranberry Fruit Salad
- Frog Eye Fruit Salad (Acini de Pepe)
- Creamy Fruit Salad
- Citrus Fruit Salad
FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
- 1 pint fresh raspberries , washed
- 1 pint fresh strawberries , washed, hulled and quartered
- 1 pint fresh blueberries , washed
- 2 cups grapes (red or green), halved
- 2 cups fresh pineapples , cut into small chunks
- fresh mint leaves , optional
- 1 orange (for juice and zest–I don’t use the whole thing, just to taste)
- Combine all of the fruit in a large bowl–I add the raspberries at the very end so they don’t get smashed.
- Add some chopped fresh mint leaves, to taste, if desired.
- Zest some of the orange over the bowl and squeeze a little fresh orange juice over the top (don't add to much because you don't want a lot of extra liquid). Serve immediately.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this recipe April 2015. Updated May 2021.
This is a fantastic Fruit Salad recipe. I would love the feature this in our website Green Thickies.
I won’t be posting the actual recipe, but only one image from here and a small quote and link back to the recipe page. All credits given to you.
Will that be okay with you?
Thanks a lot,
That sounds great! Thanks for sharing Katherine 🙂
yum this looks so beautiful! I would love to serve this to mom on Mothers Day!
this looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing it – it’s already feeling like summer here in Cali so I need some refreshing dishes to make 🙂
Tianna | stop by and chat 🙂 http://storybookapothecary.com
That looks amazing and healthy!
I would have never thought to add the mint!