Pesto Chicken Caprese Flatbread with shredded pesto chicken, cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil, mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
Lately I feel like I barely have time to keep my family fed and in clean clothes. Five O’clock creeps up so fast and I’m scrambling to think of a quick dinner everyone will love.
I have a firm policy that the kids eat what we eat. Period. I’m not making more than one dinner. And to make this happen, I keep an arsenal 30-minutes dinner ideas close by so that dinner is never a chore!
These Pesto Chicken Caprese Flatbreads are amazing, and so EASY! You can use homemade or store-bought flatbread. Confession: I totally buy mine this time of year. It makes dinner super easy when I’m in a crunch. And I keep homemade pesto in my freezer, that way I can always have some for yummy recipes like this.
CONSIDER TRYING THESE POPULAR PIZZA/FLATBREAD RECIPES:
- Cajun Chicken Flatbread
- Peach Basil Mozzarella Flatbread
- White Garlic Chicken and Veggie Pizza
- Loaded Jalepeno Popper Pizza
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- Pesto Veggie Pizza
- Garlic Ranch Chicken Pizza
- Barbeque Chicken Pizza
Pesto Chicken Caprese Flatbread
- 2 large flatbread
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken , shredded/chopped (rotisserie chicken works great!)
- 1 Tablespoon pesto sauce
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese , sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves , chopped (about 6-8 leaves)
- balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Brush flatbreads with olive oil. Toss shredded chicken in pesto sauce.
- Layer flatbreads with thinly sliced mozzarella cheese, then tomatoes, and then shredded chicken.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 4-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with chopped basil and drizzle with a little bit of balsamic vinegar, if desired.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.