Cajun Chicken Flatbread makes the perfect fun and easy dinner, appetizer, or football party food. A cajun garlic aioli sauce with all of your favorite toppings.
I LOVE inventing new pizza recipes. Coming up with fun and different sauce ideas and topping ideas. Some of my favorites include:
I’ve had the idea for a Cajun Chicken Flatbread for a while, it was just a matter of getting the sauce right. I ended up with a sort of cajun-style garlic aioli sauce. I lathered it on the base of the flatbread and drizzled some on top too. WOW.
The whole combination of flavors in this pizza knocked our socks off! I bought my flatbread (but you could make it on my favorite homemade pizza crust). This is the perfect kind of football party food– I can’t wait to make it again this weekend!
CONSIDER TRYING THESE POPULAR PIZZA RECIPES:
- Peach Basil Mozzarella Flatbread
- Pesto Chicken Caprese Flatbread
- Loaded Jalepeno Popper Pizza
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- Pesto Veggie Pizza
- Garlic Ranch Chicken Pizza
- Barbeque Chicken Pizza
Cajun Chicken Flatbread
For the cajun aioli sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasonings
For the pizza:
- 1 large flatbread (I like the stonefire brand)
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 heaping cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 bell pepper , sliced into thin strips (or 4-5 mini sweet peppers chopped, in different colors)
- 1/2 small onion , chopped
- 1 avocado , peeled, seeded, sliced
- fresh cilantro , chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Make the sauce by coming all ingredients and stirring until smooth. (The sauce can be made up to 1 week in advance).
- Season the chicken breast on both sides with salt and pepper and 1 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- Grill for several minutes on each side, only flipping once, until cooked through.
- Remove to a plate and allow to rest for 5 minutes, then chop into bite-size pieces.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce over the flatbread.
- Sprinkle with cheese, chopped chicken, bell peppers and onion.
- Bake @425 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with chopped avocado and cilantro.
- Add remaining aioli sauce to a ziplock bag.
- Cut a tiny piece of the corner off and drizzle a little bit of cajun sauce on top. Serve warm.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.