This Mediterranean Orzo Salad recipe is light, flavorful, and ready in just 20 minutes! Serve it as the main course, or it makes the perfect side to accompany any dish!
Why I love this recipe:
- Quick – This Orzo Pasta Salad is ready to serve in just 20 minutes! Nothing beats 30-Minute Meals in the summer!
- Versatile – Since it has cooked chicken, I like to enjoy it as a light lunch or dinner with a side salad or slice of artisan bread, but it compliments practically any main dish so I often take it to BBQ’s and potlucks. I also love to omit the chicken and serve it with baked salmon or grilled shrimp.
- Fun Flavors: I’m obsessed with the unique flavor combinations in this Mediterranean orzo salad (the fresh tarragon is the star, so don’t skip it!). This is my favorite recipe for meal prep lunches.
How to make Orzo Pasta Salad:
Cook Pasta and Make Dressing: Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain well and set aside to cool. Stir dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
Pour Dressing over cooled orzo pasta and stir to combine.
Combine: Add remaining ingredients to the salad bowl.
Make Ahead and Freezing Instructions:
To Make Ahead: You can make this Orzo Salad 1-2 days in advance, although I recommend waiting to add the dressing until just before serving.
To Store: Leftovers can be stored for for a few days in the refrigerator. I love to meal prep this salad for easy lunch during the week.
- Tarragon Substitute: White wine vinegar would work as a substitute for tarragon.
- Gluten Free: Substitute your favorite bite-size gluten free pasta.
- Veggies: Feel free to chop up summer veggies from your garden and toss them in! Diced cucumbers and bell peppers would taste delicious.
- Shrimp Orzo Salad: The chicken can be swapped out for cooked shrimp.
- Add-Ins: This orzo pasta salad is perfect to customize to your own preferences, feel free to add in chickpeas or sprinkle this orzo salad with feta cheese before serving.
More Salad Recipes:
- Ambrosia Salad
- Thai Quinoa Salad
- Lentil Salad
- Burrata Salad
- Pesto Pasta Salad
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Brussels Sprouts Salad
Follow me for more great recipes
Orzo Pasta Salad
Orzo Pasta Salad:
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup tarragon vinegar*
- 3 Tablespoons fresh tarragon , chopped
- 1 ½ Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ Tablespoons dijon mustard
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain well and set aside to cool.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a bowl and stir well to combine. Pour dressing over cooled orzo pasta and stir to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
This post contains affiliate links.