Maple Bacon Pancakes with Pecan Praline Topping are my favorite easy homemade pancake recipe with a touch of maple syrup and chopped bacon.
I’m sure it’s not surprising to hear that my husband doesn’t cook a lot. I pretty much take full ownership over the kitchen, and he doesn’t complain about it. However, there are a few things that he likes to cook, and he cooks them very well. These included, spaghetti, tacos, scrambled eggs, and pancakes (from scratch!).
On special occasions–particularly Mother’s Day and my birthday–he always likes to make me a nice breakfast. We usually always have some Jones Dairy Farm products in my freezer to incorporate into breakfast.
I love that their meats are all natural and don’t have any fillers or binders. We use their Canadian bacon to make these Breakfast Potato Boats and I use their ham slices to make these, freezer friendly, Cheesy Egg Avocado and Ham Breakfast Sandwiches.
You can view all of their great products here, and search for them in your area here. If you’re interested in trying Jones’ All Natural sausage links or patties those are located in your grocer’s freezer case.
My husband LOVES Jones Dairy Farm bacon with his homemade pancakes—either on the side or chopped inside the pancake batter. These maple bacon pancakes use his favorite EASY homemade pancake recipe, with some maple syrup and chopped turkey bacon added to them.
I’m not kidding when I say these pancakes are easy to make, and they taste so much better than any box mix ever could. And, don’t even get me started on the Pecan Praline Topping. That stuff is unbelievable and it makes these pancakes shine.
Plus, you can make the topping days in advance so that these impressive looking pancakes are easier than ever. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
CONSIDER TRYING THESE BREAKFAST FAVORITES:
- Classic French Toast
- German Pancakes
- Breakfast Quessadillas
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos
- Cheesy Egg, Avocado, and Ham Breakfast Sausages
Maple Bacon Pancakes with Pecan Praline Topping
For the pancakes:
For the pancakes:
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey bacon and cook for a few minutes on each side, until golden.
- Remove to a cutting board and chop into small pieces.
- For the pancakes, add the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt to a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, milk and maple syrup.
- Pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir just until moist. Fold in the chopped bacon.
- Ladle ¼ cup pancake batter onto a hot greased griddle. Cook until bubbles appear all over the surface.
- Flip and cook on the other side. Remove to a plate. Serve with warm pecan praline topping.
For the Pecan Praline Topping:
- Add butter, brown sugar, and cream to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring often, for about 4-5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and chopped pecans. Serve warm, over pancakes.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
This post contains affiliate links.