This Almond Poppy Seed Bread has the perfect soft, light and crumby texture and has just the right sweetness. A simple bread that your whole family will enjoy
I absolutely love simple no-yeast sweet breads that you can make from home, usually with ingredients you already have in your pantry. Some of my favorites are listed just before the recipe card.
A friend made this lemon loaf recently and it was so yummy I knew I wanted to make a spin off almond version, because I LOVE almond flavor in bake goods (like this yummy Almond Sheet Cake). This Almond Poppy Seed Bread is just perfect. Perfect soft, light and crumby texture.
This bread is not too sweet, but sweet enough that you could never stop at one slice. It makes the perfect “neighbor gift” or it’s perfect for serving at brunch, as a snack, or even for dessert.
Consider trying these popular bread recipes:
- The BEST Banana Bread
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Mom’s Zucchini Bread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
This Almond Poppy Seed Bread has the perfect soft, light and crumby texture and has just the right sweetness.
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter , room temperature
- 3 large eggs , room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a standard 9x5'' loaf pan.
In a small bowl sift together flour, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt.
In another large bowl cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and mix well.
Add vanilla extract and almond extract. Add the milk and sour cream and mix well. Slowly stir in dry ingredients, just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.