My Mom’s easy Zucchini Bread recipe has been our favorite for years and has the perfect blend of spices, tender crumb and amazing flavor.
What I LOVE about this Recipe:
- Adaptable – Feel free to add chocolate chips or nuts, see my notes to make healthy zucchini bread, or add some cocoa powder for chocolate zucchini bread.
- Freezer Friendly: This recipe makes 2 loaves of zucchini bread, so you can save one in the freezer for another day.
- Easy – My little kids can make batter in just a few minutes, with basic pantry ingredients.
How to Make Zucchini Bread:
1. Mix wet Ingredients: Mix the sugars and oil in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs and vanilla.
3. Grate zucchini (with the peel on). If the zucchini is extra watery use a paper towel to gently squeeze some of the moisture out. Add to mixing bowl.
4. Add dry ingredients. Mix together the dry ingredients, add them to the bowl with the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Divide batter between bread pans.
5. Bake. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake at 325 degrees F for 50 minutes to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Allow the loaves to cool completely, wrap in plastic wrap and store in a freezer safe bag or container for 2-3 months.
- Healthy Zucchini bread: Use half whole wheat flour, substitute half of the oil for applesauce, and use half the amount of sugars.
- Gluten free: substitute gluten-free flour.
- Chocolate chip zucchini bread: Add 1 ½ cups chocolate chips to the batter, along with the dry ingredients.
- Chocolate Zucchini bread: use 2 cups of flour (instead of 3), and add 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
Follow me for more great recipes
Mom’s Zucchini Bread
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups grated zucchinis
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts or chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line the bottom of two 8×4'' bread pans a piece of parchment paper, and spray the pans lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix the granulated sugar, brown sugar and oil until well combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Grate the entire zucchini (peel on) on the large holes of a box grater, using light pressure. Use a paper towel to gently squeeze some of the moisture out, then lightly measure it into measuring cups (don't pack down).
- In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake at 325 degrees F for 50 minutes to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. (If the loaves are browning too much on top during baking, tent a piece of foil over top until they're finished baking).
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
*I originally shared this recipe in August 2014. Updated April 2020 and August 2023.