These are my absolute favorite cookies–and that is saying a LOT considering how much I love to bake! I haven’t decided which is yummier…the cookies or the cookie dough! Seriously, these cookies are fantastic and my favorite thing about them is how soft and gooey they are! I love making a big batch of these and freezing half of the dough so I can pop them in the oven and have fresh ones at any time!
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter , softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package mint chocolate chips I use the Andes mint pieces, found in the baking aisle in the bright green Andes mints 12 oz. bag, at the grocery store.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt; add to butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or just until set. (Cookies may appear slightly doughy but will set up after removing them from the oven to cool for a few minutes.)