Whether you’re four or forty years old, I think just about everyone loves Oreo cookies! And, just like the store-bought versions, you wont be able to eat just one of these! I remember my mom making these when we were little and we loved helping her put the filling between the cookies and smashing them together.
We’d always have to hide one or two cookies in a secret place because when the boys came home from school these cookies were gone!
I have two recipes posted below. One is a truly homemade oreo cookie, and the other uses a cake mix. If you’re in a time crunch, the cake mix version have been a family favorite for years!
Otherwise, you wont be sorry for making the Homemade Oreo Cookie recipe, courtesy of the fabulous Sally from Sally’s Baking Addiction! Do you follow her blog? You should. She’s a baking whiz!
CONSIDER TRYING THESE POPULAR COOKIE RECIPES:
- Browned Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Chocolate Nutella Sandwich Cookies
- Soft and Chewy Triple Chocolate M&M Cookies
- S’More Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies
- Red Velvet Sugar Cookies
Perfect homemade Oreo cookies that your whole family will drool over.
- 1 pkg. Devil's Food cake mix
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 8oz. pkg cream cheese
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix all of the cake ingredients together. Roll dough into small balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on wire cooling wrack.
Combine all cream cheese filling ingredients and mix until smooth.
Once the cookies have cooled, add a small dollop off cream cheese filling onto one cookie. Place another cookie on top and press together.
Perfect homemade Oreo cookies that will have your whole family drooling!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add the butter to a mixing bowl and beat on high speed until creamy. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar and mix until well combined. Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until combined. Cover the dough and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees F.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
Roll the dough into small balls, 2 teaspoon sized balls. Press down on the balls to slightly flatten.
Bake for 6-8 minutes--the will appear soft but will continue to cook on the hot baking sheet when you remove from the oven.
- While the cookies are cooling, make the cream cheese filling (recipe above).
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.