I LOVE inventing new pizza recipes. Coming up with fun and different sauce ideas and topping ideas. Some of my favorites include:
I’ve had the idea for a Cajun Chicken Flatbread for a while, it was just a matter of getting the sauce right. I ended up with a sort of cajun-style garlic aioli sauce. I lathered it on the base of the flatbread and drizzled some on top too. WOW. The whole combination of flavors in this pizza knocked our socks off! I bought my flatbread (but you could make it on my favorite homemade pizza crust). This is the perfect kind of football party food– I can’t wait to make it again this weekend!
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 1/2 tsp herbes de provence
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 large flatbread (I like the stonefire brand)
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 heaping cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 bell pepper , sliced into thin strips (or 4-5 mini sweet peppers chopped, in different colors)
- 1/2 of a small onion , chopped
- 1 small avocado , peeled, seeded, sliced
- Fresh chopped cilantro , for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Make the sauce by coming all ingredients and stirring until smooth. (The sauce can be made up to 1 week in advance).
- Season the chicken breast on both sides with salt and pepper and 1 tsp of cajun seasoning. Grill for several minutes on each side, only flipping once, until cooked through. Remove to a plate and allow to rest for 5 minutes, then chop into bite-size pieces.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce over the flatbread. Sprinkle with cheese, chopped chicken, bell peppers and onion. Bake @425 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and top with chopped avocado and cilantro. Add remaining aioli sauce to a ziplock bag. But a tiny piece of the corner off and drizzle a little bit of cajun sauce on top. Serve warm.