Peanut Butter Popcorn Party Mix is one of our favorite Fall snacks! Fresh popped popcorn coated in a creamy peanut butter sauce. Add some pretzels, reese’s pieces and candy corn and you wont be able to stop eating it!
When it comes to easy, snack-like treats, I’m a huge fan of popcorn or cereal mixes, and muddy buddies! Some of my favorite include:
Let’s talk about this peanut butter sauce for a second. It’s just 4 ingredients–all of which you probably have on hand– and it’s delicious! If you ever want to make plain peanut butter popcorn, without these fall add-in, this recipe is a winner!
For the popcorn in this recipe you can use an air popper (or a brown paper bag and your microwave) to pop fresh popcorn, OR you can use 1 bag of microwave popcorn. If you’re using microwave popcorn I would use a light kind, or one that doesn’t have a lot of butter flavoring or other flavoring.
Coat the fresh popcorn in this delicious peanut butter sauce, and then throw in some pretzels, candy corn and reese’s pieces! Fun, festive, and the most addicting snack ever!
CONSIDER TRYING THESE HALLOWEEN FAVORITES:
Peanut Butter Popcorn Party Mix
- 6.5 cups air popped popcorn (or use one 3 oz bag microwave popcorn)
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 1 cup candy corn
- 2/3 cup Reese's Pieces candy
Peanut Butter Sauce:
- 1 cup honey
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add popcorn, pretzels and candy corn to an extra large mixing bowl (I reserve the Reese's pieces until the very end so that they don't melt).
- In medium saucepan over medium heat add honey and sugar and stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Slowly pour HALF of the warm sauce over the popcorn mix and use a long wooden spoon to gently toss and coat the mixture. Judge how much more peanut butter sauce you want and drizzle as you gently stir the mixture (you may not use it all, depending on preference).
- Add Reese's Pieces and toss to combine. Allow to cool for a few minutes before eating. Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.