Cookies and Cream Muddy Buddies are Chex cereal mixed with white and milk chocolate chips, Oreos, and powdered sugar.
It’s only June and I’ve already got to the point where I no longer want to turn my oven on. But my sweet tooth hasn’t gotten any smaller. So what’s a girl to do but turn to her arsenal of no-bake sweets, like these delicious Cookies and Cream Muddy Buddies! I mean, muddy buddies are already awesome on their own. But add a little oreo goodness to the mix and you’ve struck muddy buddy gold!
I seriously have to watch myself when it comes to muddy buddies. One second I just started eating a tiny handful, and the next second the bowl is gone before my husband even has a chance. (When this happens I just destroy all evidence. What he doesn’t know doesn’t hurt him 😉 )
Cookies and Cream Muddy Buddies make the perfect treat for your snacking kiddos, and anyone else who’s bound to be playing at your house during summer break! Do yourself a favor and just double the batch from the get-go.
Consider trying these popular desserts:
- German Chocolate Cake
- Snickerdoodles Bars
- Mississippi Mud Brownies
- Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
- Mrs. Fields Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
Cookies and Cream Muddy Buddies
- 6 cups Chex cereals
- 6 ounces milk chocolate chips (about 1 cup)
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips (about 1 cup)
- 10 Oreo cookies
- 1 cup powdered sugar , divided
- Divide Chex cereal into two large bowls (3 cups in each bowl).
- Crush Oreos into fine crumbs using a food processor or by putting them in a ziplock bag and crushing them with a rolling pin.
- Divide the Oreo crumbs evenly into two separate ziplock bags (about ½ cup in each bag).
- Add ½ cup of powdered sugar to each bag. Set aside.
- Melt the milk chocolate chips-- I like to use a double boiler, but you can also melt them in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate into one of the bowls of Chex cereal and stir gently until the cereal is evenly coated in chocolate.
- Melt the white chocolate chips.
- Pour the melted white chocolate into the other bowl with Chex cereal and stir gently until the cereal is evenly coated in white chocolate.
- Add the milk chocolate Chex to one of the gallon ziplock bags, and the add the white chocolate Chex to the other gallon ziplock bag and shake the bags well to evenly coat the cereal with powdered sugar.
- Pour both bags together into one large bowl. And if you've got any extra Oreos in your package, chop some up and add them to the mix!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I love muddy buddies and this recipe didn’t disappoint!
I made them today and they we’re soooooooooooo delicious . Thank you so much Lauren 😀
Oh my goodness. I don’t know why it has never occurred to me to add Oreos to muddy buddies. You are a genius, and I am so excited to try this! Thanks for sharing!
I have a friend that makes muddy bundies every year and gives them away to friends they really are great
They make a great gift for friends and neighbors–the recipe makes a ton and keeps really well!
ok, I admit, I had to google “muddy buddies,” ha. But I am very familiar with oreos! That looks soo delicious!
wow – these muddy buddies look wonderful!
Holy cow, I bet these are SOOO good! I’m pretty sure once I started eating it I would not be able to stop 😉
I’m addictive to these muddy buddy’s and will definitely be making me this recipe very soon love them for anytime 😊definitely delicious 😋👌
WOW muddy buddies are my weakness anyways but add in Oreos… that is a whole new level of temptation 🙂 will definitely have to try these ASAP!