Lately I feel like I barely have time to keep my family fed and in clean clothes. Five O’clock creeps up so fast and I’m scrambling to think of a quick dinner everyone will love. I have a firm policy that the kids eat what we eat. Period. I’m not making more than one dinner. And to make this happen, I keep an arsenal 30-minutes dinner ideas close by so that dinner is never a chore!
These Pesto Chicken Caprese Flatbreads are amazing, and so EASY! You can use homemade or store-bought flatbread. Confession: I totally buy mine this time of year. It makes dinner super easy when I’m in a crunch. And I keep homemade pesto in my freezer, that way I can always have some for yummy recipes like this.
- 2 large flatbreads
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded/chopped chicken (rotisserie chicken works great!)
- 1 Tbsp pesto sauce
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped basil (about 6-8 leaves)
- balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Brush flatbreads with olive oil. Toss shredded chicken in pesto sauce. Layer flatbreads with thinly sliced mozzarella cheese, then tomatoes, and then shredded chicken. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 4-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with chopped basil and drizzle with a little bit of balsamic vinegar, if desired.