I’m getting so excited for Easter, and all things Spring! Pastel colors, perfectly warm sunny days and enjoying walks and time at the park again after a brutally cold winter! I’m excited to fire up the grill and enjoy fresh grilled food, pretty much on a nightly basis! This broccoli salad will go perfect with my favorite marinated steak kebabs! And I have an awesome homemade lemonade recipe I’m excited to share soon!
Seriously, how have I not shared this recipe yet? When I was growing up this was a “special” salad–reserved for holidays, parties and family get togethers. I always looked forward to it and it was usually the first thing I ate on my plate. Yep, you heard it here….your kids may just want to eat their broccoli first, if it’s in the form of this Broccoli Salad! Tossed with almonds, cranberries, bacon and onion in a yummy tangy dressing–this salad is addicting! The broccoli is just barely blanched so it still has a nice crunch, and the flavors of the salad blend really well together.
- 2 lbs fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion*
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl mix together mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar. Stir well until sugar is dissolved. Add broccoli, bacon, onion, cranberries and almonds to the bowl and toss well to coat. Chill for at least 2 hours. Toss again to coat before serving.
- *I also sometimes use sweet onion or green onion
Don’t miss some of my other favorite side dishes: