This simple Pasta Primavera is packed with veggies and a simple primavera sauce. It’s fresh, healthy, and your table in 20 minutes.
Pasta Primavera translates to “Spring Pasta” and it’s, obviously, perfect for this time of year! It’s completely customizable to what kind of veggies you like or have on hand! I added broccolini (the best!), bell pepper, snap peas and cherry tomatoes, but feel free to add whatever you like.
About the sauce:
Pasta primavera sauce is a very simple sauce made by combining chicken broth, parmesan cheese, cream, salt, pepper, and basil. You can also leave off the sauce and simply toss the pasta and veggies in a little olive oil or melted butter, fresh parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper.
How to Make Pasta Primavera:
- Cook Pasta, set aside.
- Sauté veggies in oil with fresh garlic. Cook until slightly tender; you don’t want to cook them too long.
- Make primavera sauce: Add butter, chicken broth, and cream to a pan. Bring to a simmer and stir in cheese. Season with salt and pepper,
- Toss all ingredients to combine. Add cooked pasta and veggies to the pan, toss, and top with fresh basil, if desired.
- Add protein: Feel free to toss in cooked chicken, tofu, or sautéd shrimp.
- Add veggies: use whatever you have on hand. Zucchini, squash, broccoli are all great additions.
- Swap the noodles: any type of pasta is great for pasta primavera. I am partial to bite sized pasta like penne, barilla, ziti, or shells, but use whatever you have on hand.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add veggies, season them with a little salt and pepper, and sauté for about 2-4 minutes, just until slightly tender. You don't want to cook them too long. Remove to a plate.
- Add butter to pan. Add chicken broth and cream and bring to a simmer. Stir in cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. If the sauce seems too thick, add more chicken broth, cream or water, to your liking.
- Add cooked pasta and veggies to the pan and toss to combine. Top with fresh basil, if desired.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this recipe April 2017. Updated April 2021.
This post contains affiliate links.