This simple PASTA PRIMAVERA is bright, fresh, healthy, and ready on your table in 20 minutes.
What is it about spring time that makes me want to eat all the fresh fruits and veggies around? I love meals, like this pasta primavera, that can be whipped together in a second and use fresh seasonal produce. Two of my other favorite meals this time of year include this Lemon Pesto Pasta, and this Spring Pea Salad with salmon on top.
Pasta Primavera translates to “Spring Pasta” and it’s, obviously, perfect for this time of year! It’s completely customizable to what kind of veggies you like or have on hand! I added broccolini (the best!), bell pepper, snap peas and cherry tomatoes, but feel free to add whatever you like.
The veggies are lightly sautéed–I don’t like to cook them too much. I think they taste better, and fresher, with a tender crunch. Veggies are severed over warm noodles tossed in a light cream sauce. Super simple and super delicious!
- 1 pound penne pasta (or other pasta)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- An assortment of your favorite fresh veggies ,chopped (i.e. snap peas, broccolini, bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, onion, asparagus, peas, spinach, cherry tomatoes)
For the sauce:
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (or half and half)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese ,or more, to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper ,to taste
- fresh basil leaves , chopped (for garnish, if desired)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add veggies, season them with a little salt and pepper, and saute for about 2-4 minutes, just until slightly tender. You don't want to cook them too long. Remove to a plate.
- Add butter to pan. Add chicken broth and cream and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in cheese. Season with salt an pepper, to taste. If the sauce seems too thick, add more chicken broth, cream or water, to your liking.
- Add cooked pasta and veggies to the pan and toss to combine. Top with fresh basil, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.