Smoked Sausage White Bean and Vegetable Pasta with spinach, bell peppers, zucchini and asparagus is packed with protein and simply delicious.
Most evenings when my husband gets home I’ve been too busy entertaining our one-year-old and trying to put the house back together to think about what’s for dinner! He will come home starving and I’ll do what I usually–browse some old recipe books or open pinterest to scrounge for a dinner idea.
I love making something new most nights, but on nights when I’m exhausted, it’s got to be something I can throw together fairly quickly, and going to the store for a missing ingredient is out of the question!
That’s why I probably never end up following a recipe. I like to be inspired by a recipe, and then use what I have on hand to make something similarly delicious! This meal is an example of that! I used the veggies I had in the fridge, the noodles I had on hand, and viola! a delicious, and FAST dinner!
I also really like to mix-it-up when it comes to the meats we eat with our meals. We will often try a meatless meal– like this Spaghetti Pie or black bean burger with chipotle mayo sauce –and when we do eat meat, the same old chicken and beef dishes can get boring! That’s where Polska Kielbasa’s come in!
I should do an ad or something for them because I seriously love them! I used Turkey in this recipe–just because it’s healthier and still tastes A-Mazing–but you can use any sausage you want. This smoked sausage, white bean and vegetable pasta makes the perfect, fast weeknight meal–ready in less than 30 minutes!
Consider trying these popular dinner recipes:
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Italian Grilled Cheese
- Gourmet Baked Mac N Cheese with Bacon
- Crispy BBQ Chicken Wraps
Smoked Sausage, White Bean and Vegetable Pasta
- 14 ounce package Polska Kielbasa Sausages (Turkey or Beef), diagonally cut into ¼” slices
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 onion , diced
- 1/2 bell pepper (any color) diced
- 6 ounces farfalle pasta , cooked and drained
- 1 medium zucchini , sliced into thin rounds
- 5-10 fresh fresh asparagus spears , sliced into thirds
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 2-3 tomatoes , diced
- 15 ounce can white beans , drained and rinsed
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- In a large pot bring water to a boil and cook pasta according to package. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast pin nuts until golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate. In the same skillet heat olive oil on medium-high heat and sauté the polska kielbasa, onion, and bell peppers for about 5 minutes, or until sausage is golden brown on both sides. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the zucchini, asparagus and vegetable broth to the skillet and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, beans, and spinach and continue to simmer for 1 minute or 2, until spinach is wilted.
- Turn the heat to low, add the pasta and smoked sausage with onion and bell peppers to the skillet. Mix to combine.
- Add fresh Parmesan cheese. Garnish with toasted pine nuts. Serve warm.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.