Skinny Asian Chicken Stir-Fry with Honey Roasted Cashews is an easy, healthy, flavorful meal packed with protein and veggies and served over brown rice.
During college I went on a study abroad to Spain and lived in Madrid with a great family. They didn’t speak any English, which was great for my Spanish practice, and the mom, Juana, was an amazing cook! Her paella was out of this world.
True story: Every night after dinner I would get my notebook out and she would tell me, step by step, the recipe for the meal we had just eaten. I have the best recipe collection of authentic Spanish food. We really bonded over food and cooking!
The biggest thing I learned from her was how to add FLAVOR. She used simple spices and broths to add extra flavor to everything. For example, when she made plain white rice the flavor was amazing!
She taught me that you have to cook your rice in broth (instead of plain water) to add flavor. So now I never, ever cook any type of rice without chicken broth.
I love the College Inn brand chicken broth because it’s high quality. The brand uses farm-grown vegetables and the perfect balance of seasonings so it actually tastes like homemade chicken broth. You can purchase it at Walmart.
This Skinny Asian Chicken Stir-Fry is the perfect example of a dish bursting with flavor. I used chicken broth to flavor the rice and the sauce. The other sauce ingredients are simple, but super flavorful. Then I take an extra 5 minutes to roast the cashews in a honey sauce.
The honey roasted cashews are the ‘cherry on top’ that gives an extra punch of flavor and crunchiness to the dish. The end result is a skinny asian chicken stir-fry that is packed with flavor, veggies, and protein and is super easy to make. Perfect for a quick and healthy weeknight meal for your busy family!
CONSIDER TRYING THESE POPULAR ETHNIC INSPIRED RECIPES:
- Thai Green Curry Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Kung Pao Noodle Stir-Fry
- Korean Bulgogi Bowls
Asian Chicken Stir-Fry with Honey Roasted Cashews
For the sauce:
- Measure brown rice into a fine mesh strainer and rinse well with water.
- Add brown rice, 2 ¾ cups chicken broth and salt to a wide, shallow pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Bring to a boil, uncovered. Once boiling, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and let the cooked rice rest for 10 minutes, covered. Then remove the lid and fluff with a fork. Set aside
- While the rice cooks, make the sauce by combining all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
For the Honey Roasted Cashews:
- (These can be made days in advance and stored in an air-tight container).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl stir together the honey and sea salt. Add cashews and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes. Pour cashews out into an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Remove from oven and toss gently with a spatula. Return to oven for 7 more minutes. Allow to cool.
For the stir fry:
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan or wok over medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Cook, only turning once while cooking, until golden on both sides and cooked through (about 3-4 minutes on each side). Remove to a plate to rest.
- Add chopped bell peppers and 2 chopped green onions to the skillet.
- Saute over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes. Chop the chicken and return it to the pan.
- Pour the sauce over everything and toss to combine.
- Serve over brown rice with honey roasted cashews and the remaining green onion sprinkled on top.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of College Inn Broth . The opinions and text are all mine.