I can’t think of an all around easier or tastier dinner than these Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas! They’re made with are a simple one pan dinner that includes seasoned chicken and vegetables roasted all on one pan and served in warm flour tortillas with your favorite toppings.
These Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are one of those meals that create peace at our dinner table, with kids eating their entire meal happily and hungrily.
I love that I can prepare the entire meal ahead of time. chopping the veggies and chicken in advance, and making the seasoning. Then all that’s left is to toss everything together on a sheet pan and bake it. (The simple homemade fajita seasoning really makes this dish shine!)
This is a great meal to bring someone for dinner (like new moms), and they can bake it whenever it’s convenient for them.
How to Make Sheet Pan Fajitas:
Cut chicken and vegetables into strips. It’s best to slice the chicken against the grain so that it’s tender, not chewy. Place veggies on a sheet pan, with chicken slices on top.
Make fajita seasoning. Combine all seasoning ingredients together in a small bowl. Sprinkle seasoning over the chicken and a little over the vegetables. Spoon minced garlic on top of the chicken and drizzle olive oil over the entire pan.
Toss and Cook: Toss everything well and spread it into an even layer on the pan. Bake the fajitas at 425F for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (165 degrees if you test with a thermometer).
Serve. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the chicken and vegetables and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with warm flour or corn tortillas. Top with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and hot sauce.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 2-3 days and reheat in the microwave.
Make Ahead and Freezing Instructions:
To Make-Ahead: Slice all of the veggies and cut the chicken and store them separately in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Make the seasoning up to several days in advance and store it in a jar at room temperature.
To Freeze: For best results, buy raw chicken and vegetables and season them well with fajita seasoning. Then place the vegetables and chicken (raw) in a freezer safe ziplock bags in the freezer for 2-3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, arrange on sheet pan and bake as instructed.
- Crockpot fajitas: pour half of a 14.5oz can of diced tomatoes in the bottom of a crockpot. Next layer the chicken in the bottom of the pot. Pour half the fajita seasoning over the chicken, top with vegetables, and add remaining seasoning. Add remaining diced tomatoes over top as well as a small can of mild diced chilies. Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 3-4 hours. Serve as directed.
- Vegetarian fajitas– Omit chicken and instead use a can of drained black beans, diced sweet potato, sliced mushrooms and/or cooked Mexican rice.
- Traditional Fajitas (steak, chicken or shrimp).
- Foil-Pack Fajitas.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced (against the grain) into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 3 bell peppers I use green, yellow and red , cored and sliced into strips
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 Tablespoons oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- 8-10 small flour tortillas
- Desired fajita toppings: Sour cream, sliced avocado or guacamole, pico de gallo, shredded cheese
- Light grease a large sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray. Cut chicken and vegetables into strips. Lay the vegetables evenly on the pan and place the chicken on top of them.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine seasoning ingredients together in a small bowl. Stir well to combine. Sprinkle most of the seasoning over the chicken, and some of it over the vegetables as well. Spoon minced garlic on top of the chicken and drizzle olive oil over the entire pan. Toss everything well and spread it into an even layer across the pan.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees if you test with a thermometer). Wrap the flour tortillas in foil and place them in the oven to warm during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Remove everything from the oven. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the chicken and vegetables and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve in warm tortillas with extra toppings, if desired.
Macros Recipe AdaptationUse corn tortillas
Per Serving Amount111 grams cooked chicken, 132 grams cooked vegetables, 2 corn tortillas.
Macros449kcal, Fats: 15g, Carbs:31g, Protein: 46g (serves 5) | MFP: Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas (TBFS Macros)
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
This post contains affiliate links. I love sharing my favorite products and cooking tools with you guys!
I originally shared this recipe September 2017. Updated January 2020 and May 2021.
Process photos by Nikole of The Travel Palate
This post contains affiliate links.