My favorite thing about this easy baked Pesto Chicken and Vegetables is that it’s all made in one pan! It’s a healthy 30-minute meal that’s perfect for quick weeknight dinners.
Who doesn’t love easy one pan dinners? While this pesto chicken is my new favorite, I also love Sheet Pan Fajitas, Chicken with 40 Cloves Garlic, Stroganoff, and Panang Curry.
I’m so exited to share this super flavorful and easy sheet pan recipe with you. This is a great meal-prep recipe is you’re looking for something healthy to make for lunches during the week.
What I love about this recipe:
- Ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Easy to adapt: So many vegetables would work great with this recipe, so it’s perfect for using up produce you already have in your fridge.
- Healthy and Filling. It makes a great all-in-one meal, or you can serve it with pasta or crusty artisan bread.
How to Make Pesto Chicken:
1. Combine ingredients. Combine the chicken, veggies, and pesto in a bowl and mix until the chicken and veggies are coated well with pesto.
2. Bake. Transfer mixture to a large sheet pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
3. Top with cheese (optional). If desired drizzle with mozzarella cheese during the last 5 minutes of baking.
MAKE AHEAD and STORING INSTRUCTIONS:
You can prep the pesto chicken up to 1 day ahead of time and let it sit in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
One Pan Pesto Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts , cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 bell pepper , chopped
- 1 zucchini , chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ red onion , chopped
- baby broccoli (broccolini)
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese , optional
- Pre-heat oven to 425F.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, veggies, and pesto until the chicken and veggies are coated well with pesto.
- Transfer mixture to a large sheet pan and bake for 15-20 minutes. If desired drizzle with mozzarella cheese during the last 5 minutes of baking.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?!
RATE AND COMMENT BELOW! I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR EXPERIENCE.
So easy and so delicious. Don’t skimp on the cheese – yummy!
Made this the other night. So good and SO easy! Will definitely be saving it to make again. Thank you.
This has been a wonderful and simple recipe. The vegetables roast so well and are complemented by the pesto and chicken. I have made this three times in the last week. My wife has taken the leftovers to work the next day and has said it’s even better the next day.
I have enjoyed and immensely appreciated all the terrific recipes you share here. That’s a real gift you share with people. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Thank you! The meals are practical and ingredients I can find!
Really good flavors and easy to make. It is a little bit of a lighter meal depending on whether or not you add cheese and how much, but would go great served over pasta or another starch if you are looking for something heavier. Finish with fresh parsley and some salt to really make the flavors pop.
I made this today only and its very easy and we loved it
I’ve made this twice now in the last two weeks and it is a huge hit with my family. It’s seriously soooo easy (I’ve been prepping everything in the morning and throwing it in the pan just before baking).
Thanks so much!