I think it’s kind of funny that whenever I go in Wendy’s craving a juicy hamburger or a frosty, I see the ads for their awesome salads and I quickly go from wanting a hamburger, to wanting a salad! I guess that’s proof of the effects of appealing advertising. Who chooses a salad when they came in to order a burger?!
This salad is similar to the apple pecan salad from Wendy’s that I love….but it’s way better 🙂 The balsamic dressing goes so well with it and adds the perfect sweetness! Add grilled chicken to the salad for a filling lunch or dinner, or leave the chicken out and serve the salad as a side or appetizer!
Consider trying these popular salad recipes:
- Classic Wedge Salad
- Healthy Chicken Pasta Salad
- Creamy Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Waldorf Salad
- Thai Quinoa Salad
Apple, Bacon, & Pecan Salad with a light balsamic dressing. Serve as a side or add chicken and make it a meal!
- 2 heads Lettuce , chopped (I like to use a mixture of red leaf, spring mix, and spinach)
- 2 medium Fuji apples , washed and diced
- 5 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 pound cooked chicken , diced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
Toss lettuce, apples, bacon, pecans, and chicken in a large bowl.
Whisk dressing ingredients together and pour over salad. Toss to combine. Enjoy!
Adapted from Lauren's Late
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.