Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are thick and chewy and a great treat for a crowd, potlucks and parties. They have the flavor you love from a great chocolate chip cookie, baked into easy and delicious bars!
Weekends are my weakness when it comes to sweets. I usually go for cookies or bars of some sort because I can always count on having the ingredients on hand.
These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are a regular, sweet-tooth-satisfying weekend treat at our house!. Chewy, chocolate and oat goodness in every single bite!
How to make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars:
Make the cookie dough as directed, adding half of the chocolate chips.
Press half the dough into a 9×13” baking pan and sprinkle the top with the remaining chocolate chips.
I often use different type of chocolate in these bars, depending on what I have on hand. Usually a mixture of half semi-sweet and half milk chocolate chips. If I have a chocolate bar I will chop it into chunks and use it, along with chocolate chips.
Add the rest of the dough on top and smooth, as best you can, into an even layer.
Bake until slightly golden and set. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Consider trying these popular desserts:
- S’more Cookie Bars
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Bars
- The BEST Mint Brownies
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Best Ever Peanut Butter Bars
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter , room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips semi-sweet, milk chocolate, or a little bit of both!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 in. pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth and light.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients: salt, baking soda, baking powder, flour, rolled oats, and 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Add to the butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Spread 1/2 of the cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining cup of chocolate chips on top.
- Carefully press remaining cookie mixture on top of chocolate. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
Adapted from All Recipes
I originally shared this recipe in February 2016. Updated April 2018.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.