These Lemon Blueberry Rolls are super soft and fluffy with a lemon blueberry filling and traditional glaze topping. They are SO EASY to make from scratch!
Happy Friday guys! We’re celebrating all weekend long for my husbands birthday! If you follow me on Instagram you may have read how I tried to make him an awesome cake (like this Chocolate Mousse Cake or this Almond Sheet Cake) but all he wanted was a box mix funfetti cake with famous rainbow chip frosting. EEEEK.
What’s a girl to do? Well, yesterday he got his cake and we enjoyed a romantic night out on the town 🙂
The lemon/blueberry combination means springtime to me. With the warm weather in Saint Louis and all of the Easter decorations flooding the stores I am totally ready for spring!
I adapted these Lemon Blueberry Rolls from my favorite Orange Rolls recipe. I added some milk to make them extra tender. They are super light and fluffy and easy to make too. These were devoured in so fast at our house. DELICIOUS!
Consider trying these popular brunch recipes:
- Cinnamon Roll Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Apple Coffee Cake
- Peach Scones
- Poppy Seed Cake
- Broccoli Cheese Quiche
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Lemon Zucchini Bread
Lemon Blueberry Rolls
For the dough:
- 1/3 cup very warm water
- 1/3 cup very warm milk
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 5 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tablespoons butter , melted
- dash of salt
- 2 - 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
For the filling:
- 5 Tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 cup blueberries
For the Glaze:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter , melted
- juice from 1/2 of a fresh lemon
- In a small bowl, add warm water, warm milk, yeast and sugar and stir together. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- In a large stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, add egg, melted butter, salt, flour and yeast mixture.
- Knead the dough on medium speed for 3 minutes. Cover bowl with a towel and let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Knead dough again for 3 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Knead dough one more time for three minutes. Let rest again for 10 minutes.
- Lightly grease your counter-top with non-stick cooking spray. Roll dough out into a 15''x 8'' rectangle.
- Mix the filling ingredients together, except for the blueberries. Spread the mixture evenly over the dough. Sprinkle blueberries over the top.
- Roll the rectangle horizontally (lengthwise) into a long tube.
- Use dental floss or a sharp serrated knife to cut the dough into 12 even slices. Grease a 9x13'' baking pan.
- Put each small dough round into the prepared pan. Cover with greased plastic wrap and allow to rise for 30-45 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven. Stir the glaze ingredients together and drizzle over rolls. Best served warm. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.