This easy Burrata Appetizer recipe has fresh burrata cheese drizzled with balsamic reduction and surrounded by pears, prosciutto, dates, jam, toasts, and nuts. It only takes minutes to put together and it’s everyone’s favorite appetizer!
Why I love this recipe:
- Easy – No cooking involved or any dirty dishes! It only takes minutes to put together!
- Crowd Pleaser – This is a fun appetizer full of fresh ingredients, bright colors, and the burrata is the star of the show. Everyone is excited to dig in!
- Delicious – The burrata is perfectly balanced with the balsamic reduction, pear, prosciutto, toast and jam, dates, and nuts. There is really something for everyone and the flavor combinations are incredible.
What is Burrata?
Burrata is made from mozzarella and cream. The outer casing is solid, while the inside is a creamy texture. It’s an Italian cow milk cheese and is absolutely delicious! You can find it in the cheese section at most grocery stores.
How to make a Burrata Appetizer:
Place Burrata: Choose your favorite serving board and place Burrata on the board.
Arrange: Place other elements on board – pear, prosciutto, dates, jam, toasts, and nuts around the burrata.
Serve: Drizzle burrata with balsamic reduction and top with basil. Enjoy!
- Burrata and Peach Appetizer: Swap out the pears for fresh peaches.
- Make it you own! Use ingredients you like, including seasonal ingredients and crackers, meats and nuts that you enjoy.
Follow me for more great recipes
- 16 oz burrata , try to get two 8oz balls
- 2 teaspoons balsamic reduction
- 2 fresh basil leaves , chopped
- 8 slices prosciutto ,
- 1 ripe pear , thinly sliced
- 8 dates , pitted
- fig, peach or apricot jam or preserves
- Petite toasts or pita chips
- Marcona Almonds , or shelled pistachios
- Place Burrata on serving board. Arrange other board elements—pear, prosciutto, dates, jam, toasts and nuts– around it. Drizzle burrata with balsamic reduction and top with basil.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
This post contains affiliate links.