German Pancakes was one of my favorite breakfasts growing up, and I’ve loved watching it become one of my kids’ favorite breakfasts now. They love how the german pancakes puff up in the pan while they cook in the oven.
Top them with powdered sugar and syrup and they’re to die for!
If these are new to you (as they were to my husband, Jeff), make them! Make them NOW! You wont regret it. 🙂
What are German Pancakes?
German pancakes, often called Dutch Baby pancakes are baked pancakes made from eggs, milk, flour and vanilla. The pancakes are baked in a metal or cast iron pan, puff up in the oven and then fall as they cool.
How to make German Pancakes:
- Add 5 tablespoons of butter to a 9×13 inch baking and place it in your preheating oven to melt.
- Meanwhile, add the eggs, milk, flour, salt and vanilla to a blender; cover and blend until smooth. Pour batter into the baking dish, over the melted butter.
3. Bake until the edges are golden brown and puffy, about 22-27 minutes.
4. Serve warm, sprinkle generously with powdered sugar and syrup.
CONSIDER TRYING THESE BREAKFAST FAVORITES:
The absolute best German Pancakes recipe! Only six simple ingredients and five minutes to prepare, this easy breakfast is a sure family favorite!
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 Tablespoons butter
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
As oven preheats, put the butter in an un-greased 9x13-in. baking dish and place in oven, just until melted.
Place the eggs, milk, flour, salt and vanilla in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Pour batter into baking dish, over melted butter.
Bake, for 22-27 minutes or until edges are golden brown and puffy.
To serve, sprinkle generously with powdered sugar and syrup.
Try serving these with easy homemade cinnamon syrup
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
*I first shared this recipe in October 2010. Updated October 2018.