Often times to my dismay, my husband cares more about Christmas than any other holiday. He starts blasting Christmas music at the beginning of October and he could care less about Halloween and Thanksgiving–two holidays that I really love!
This Year I seem to have caught the holiday spirit because I have already decorated the house and given in to the holiday music. I’m still very excited for Thanksgiving but I am loving the Christmas spirit that is already in our home!
How to Make Cupcake Ornaments:
2. Make frosting: my recipe below for a simple buttercream but cream cheese frosting would be delicious as well.
3. Top with Reese’s miniature cups and decorate.
Make Ahead And Freezing Instructions:
To make ahead: Make cupcakes up to 1-2 days ahead of time and once they are completely cool, cover them and store them in the refrigerator. You can also make the frosting 1-2 days ahead and store it in the refrigerator. Freeze for longer storage.
To freeze: Cupcakes can be froze decorated or undecorated. Allow them to cool completely and cover them well. Store them in a freezer safe bag or container for up to 3 months. allow to thaw completely. I recommend freezing the cupcakes and icing separately and decorating before eating.
Consider trying these holiday favorites:
- Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
- Rocky Road Fudge
- Caramel and Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
- Peppermint Candy Cane Brownies
- Brownie Truffles
- Christmas Cornflake Wreaths
- Homemade Eggnog
- 24 cupcakes , baked in cupcake liners
- 24 Reese's miniature cups
- Combine frosting ingredients and beat on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. (If necessary, add more powdered sugar to thicken the mixture, or more evaporated milk to thin the mixture.)
- Place about ¾ cup of frosting into two smalls bowls (¾ cup per bowl.)
- Mix a few drops of red and a few drops of green food coloring into their respective, separate containers, until you get the desired colors you want.
- Use the remaining 1 ½ cups of white frosting to frost the tops of the cupcakes.
- Place the red and green food coloring into separate piping bags, or into two ziplock baggies with a small whole cut into the corners.
- Decorate cupcakes with an ornament design.
- Place the Reese's miniature cups inside the cupcake liners to complete the top of your ornament! You could also twist a paper clip into a little fish hook and stick that into the Reese's to make it even cuter!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.