Often times to my dismay, my husband cares more about Christmas than any other holiday. He starts blasting Christmas music at the beginning of October and he could care less about Halloween and Thanksgiving–two holidays that I really love!
This Year I seem to have caught the holiday spirit because I have already decorated the house and given in to the holiday music. I’m still very excited for Thanksgiving but I am loving the Christmas spirit that is already in our home!
In the blogging world it’s a good thing to be ahead of the holidays because it gives us a chance to share fun ideas, well in advance! These Christmas Cupcake Ornaments make the cutest holiday treats and they’re so simple and cheap to make.
All you need is some baked cupcakes, a batch of frosting, and some Reese’s miniature cups! Easy, and impressive 🙂
Consider trying these holiday favorites:
- Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
- Rocky Road Fudge
- Caramel and Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
- Peppermint Candy Cane Brownies
- Brownie Truffles
- Peppermint Brownie Bark
- Christmas Cornflake Wreaths
- Homemade Eggnog
- 24 cupcakes , baked in cupcake liners
- 24 Reese's miniature cups
For the Frosting:
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 5 Tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Red, blue, and green icing pens (or color your own homemade frosting)
- Combine frosting ingredients and beat on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. (If necessary, add more powdered sugar to thicken the mixture, or more evaporated milk to thin the mixture.)
- Place about 3/4 cup of frosting into two smalls bowls (3/4 cup per bowl.)
- Mix a few drops of red and a few drops of green food coloring into their respective, separate containers, until you get the desired colors you want.
- Use the remaining 1 1/2 cups of white frosting to frost the tops of the cupcakes.
- Place the red and green food coloring into separate piping bags, or into two ziplock baggies with a small whole cut into the corners.
- Decorate cupcakes with an ornament design.
- Place the Reese's miniature cups inside the cupcake liners to complete the top of your ornament! You could also twist a paper clip into a little fish hook and stick that into the Reese's to make it even cuter!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.