Light and fluffy Coconut Cream Waffles with a homemade Pineapple Syrup take traditional waffles to a whole new level!
During a busy week I usually rely on eggs and toast for a quick and hearty breakfast. It’s what I make for my kids most often. But come Saturday mornings I am ALL about the waffles, pancakes, and french toast! Anything dripping in syrup, with lots of fruit loaded on top, has my vote.
With Mother’s Day coming up I decided to transform my favorite waffle recipe into these delicious Coconut Cream Waffles with Pineapple Coconut Syrup. It’s fun to create my dream Mother’s Day breakfast….even if I may end up making it for myself next week 😉 .
WOWZA are these waffles good. Don’t worry about them being thick and dense because they’re definitely NOT! The key is to beat the egg whites separately and then fold them into the batter. It makes them extra light and fluffy.
CONSIDER TRYING THESE BREAKFAST FAVORITES:
- Classic French Toast
- German Pancakes
- Breakfast Quessadillas
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos
- Cheesy Egg, Avocado, and Ham Breakfast Sausages
Coconut Cream Waffles with Pineapple Coconut Syrup
For the Waffles:
For the Waffles:
- In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another small mixing bowl combine the egg yolks, coconut milk, lemon juice, and oil; stir into dry ingredients.
- Beat the egg whites with electric beaters until they form stiff peaks. Fold the whites into the batter, leaving a few fluffs.
- Pour abut ⅓ cup of batter into greased waffle iron and cook until golden.
- Serve with pineapple coconut syrup.
For the Pineapple Coconut Syrup:
- Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until it thickens into syrup consistency.
- Syrup will continue to thicken as it cools. Set aside.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
This post contains affiliate links.