Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies are chewy chocolate cookies topped with a peppermint candy Hershey’s Kiss.
Who’s ready for CHRISTMAS?! Is your holiday baking done, or do you have room for one more awesome cookie recipe?! So far this season I’ve made my favorite Mint Brownies, Graham Cracker Toffee Bars, Christmas Cornflake Wreaths and Homemade Caramels.
Oh, and I can’t forget Homemade Eggnog, because we’ve had two batches of that too.
Some of my favorite holiday cookies include these Soft and Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies!
And, yes, these Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies are also at the TOP of my list! They are amazing hot from the oven, but they freeze amazingly well also! You could make the dough and freeze it, of just freeze the cookies after they’re baked and cool.
This is my version of the perfect chocolate cookie–a little bit crisp on the outside and super soft on the inside. Then add a little peppermint kiss for the perfect festive touch.
CONSIDER TRYING THESE HOLIDAY TREATS:
- Homemade Caramels
- Caramel Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods
- Peppermint Candy Cane Brownies
- Turtle Thumbprint Cookies
- Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
- Caramel Hot Chocolate
Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies
- 1 cup butter , softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 Hershey's peppermint kiss candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt; add to the bowl with the wet ingredients.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or just until set. (Cookies may appear soft but will set up after removing them from the oven to cool for a few minutes.)
- Place a peppermint kiss in the center of each cookie.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.