This classic, no-nonsense carrot cake recipe is The BEST! Perfectly light and moist with a light, whipped cream cheese frosting.
Carrot cake is my favorite cake! Years ago I shared my “birthday” version carrot cake that includes all of the add-ins, like raisins, pineapple and nuts. It makes a great three-layer “fancy” cake for a special occasion.
But this year, especially for the Easter season, I wanted to share a classic, no-nonsense carrot cake recipe. I LOVE this super simple, delicious version. It’s made in a 9×13” pan (can’t get easier than that!) and has all of the delicious spice and sweetness you love from a carrot cake, without the raisins and nuts. (But feel free to garnish the top of the cake with chopped pecans, if you’re into that kind of thing!)
This cake is just PERFECT. It’s light and moist, thanks in part to the addition of crushed pineapple–YUM. Whether you think you like carrot cake or not, this recipe is impossible not to love.
Everything about it is light and dreamy, including the soft whipped cream cheese frosting that basically melts in your mouth.
Carrot Cake with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
This classic, no-nonsense carrot cake recipe is The BEST! Perfectly light and moist with a light, whipped cream cheese frosting.Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
For the cake:
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/3 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large carrots ,washed, ends trimmed, shredded (about 3/4 lb carrots)
For the Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter , room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13'' baking pan and set aside.
- Shred carrots. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the eggs, crushed pineapple, oil, water, vanilla, and sugar and stir well to combine.
- In another small mixing bowl combine the flour, spices, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients and carrots to the wet ingredients and stir just until combined. Don't over-mix. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
- Cool cake completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until smooth. In a separate bowl beat the whipped cream until stiff peaks. Spoon the whipped cream into the frosting and gently fold in to combine. Frost cake and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Adapted from here
Calories: 414kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 381mg | Potassium: 188mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 47g | Vitamin A: 4410IU | Vitamin C: 3.6mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1.2mg
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experienc