This classic, no-nonsense carrot cake recipe is The BEST! Perfectly light and moist with a light, whipped cream cheese frosting.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 large carrots ,washed, ends trimmed, shredded (about 3/4 lb carrots)
- 1/4 cup butter ,room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese ,softened
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13'' baking pan and set aside.
- Shred carrots. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the eggs, crushed pineapple, oil, water, vanilla, and sugar and stir well to combine.
- In another small mixing bowl combine the flour, spices, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients and carrots to the wet ingredients and stir just until combined. Don't over-mix. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
- Cool cake completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until smooth. In a separate bowl beat the whipped cream until stiff peaks. Spoon the whipped cream into the frosting and gently fold in to combine. Frost cake and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Adapted from here
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experienc