Caramel Pecan Apple Crisp with warm cinnamon apples, crumble oat topping and sweet caramel flavors all in one bite.
I have been so excited to share this Caramel Pecan Apple Crisp recipe. It’s absolutely delicious! Hooray for amazing fall dessert recipes! Anything with apples or pumpkin has my vote.
My traditional apple crisp recipe has received rave reviews, and this Caramel Pecan Apple Crisp takes my old favorite to a whole new level! Pecans are mixed in the crumble topping and toasted perfectly crisp. And caramel sauce is drizzled over the apples and over the crispy crumble when it’s finished baking.
The end result is amazing- warm cinnamon apples, crumble oat topping and sweet caramel flavors all in one bite.
Consider trying these favorite fall desserts:
- Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Fresh Apple Cake
- Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting
Caramel Pecan Apple Crisp
For the crumb topping:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , diced into small chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
For the Apple filling:
- 3-4 large Granny Smith apples , peeled and sliced thin
- 3 Tablespoons butter , melted
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup caramel bits + 1 Tbsp water or your favorite homemade caramel sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium size bowl combine the crumb topping ingredients with a fork or pastry blender until it resembles small crumbs.
- Refrigerate while you prepare the apple filling.
For the Apple Filling:
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter and flour until well blended.
- Add lemon juice, milk and vanilla and stir well. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour butter mixture over apples and toss to coat. Pour apple mixture into an 8x8-inch (or similar size) baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- Add caramel bits and water to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until the caramel bits are melted and smooth.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup of caramel over the apples. Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and top is set. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Drizzle remaining caramel on top right before serving.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.