Apple Pie Pancakes is the best pancakes recipe for those of you who love fall! These apple pancakes are fluffy, sweet, and delicious!
Here’s the thing: one of my most popular recipes of all time on the blog is my Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Syrup. They’re amazing, and I knew if so many people loved that recipe, than I just had to share these Apple Pie Pancakes!! If you’re a lover of breakfast foods and a lover of fall, do yourself a favor and make these…SOON!
They’re another one of my all-time favorite fall pancake recipes! They have actual grated apple in them, plus a bunch of other delicious fall spices, and the end result will melt in your mouth!
Consider trying these popular apple recipes:
Apple Pie Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar , packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon butter , melted and cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup apple , grated (about 1 medium apple, peeled and grated)
For the diced apple topping (optional)
- 1 apple , diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ground cinnamon , to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and salt.
- In a separate small bowl combine the milk, egg, butter and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Preheat your skillet over medium heat and grease lightly with butter or cooking spray.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined--don't over mix, the batter should have some small lumps. Gently fold in the grated apple.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Cook until small bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes (2-3 minutes), and then flip and cook on the opposite side until golden brown.
- For the topping, combine diced applies, brown sugar, sugar, butter and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until apples are slightly softened (about 5-8 minutes).
- Serve pancakes immediately with diced apple topping and your favorite syrup.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this post on All Things Thrifty on August 5, 2014