The BEST Apple Pancakes are made from scratch with fall spices and grated apple. They’re EASY to make, fluffy, and delicious!
Here’s the thing: one of my most popular recipes of all time on the blog is my Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Syrup. They’re amazing, and I knew if so many people loved that recipe, than I just had to share these Apple Pie Pancakes!! If you’re a lover of breakfast foods and a lover of FALL, do yourself a favor and make these…SOON!
What I LOVE about APPLE Pancakes:
- Grated apple in the batter. They have actual grated apple in them, plus a bunch of other delicious fall spices, and the end result will melt in your mouth!
- Topping optional. If you’re feeling lazy, there’s no need to make the diced apple topping. These taste great with just plain syrup.
- Freezer friendly! Yes, I said it. Go ahead and pop these in the freeze to save for another day (see freezer instructions below).
How to Make Apple Pancakes:
1. Combine dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and salt.
2. Combine wet ingredients. In a separate small bowl combine the milk, egg, butter and vanilla and beat to combine.
3. Mix batter. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined–don’t over mix, the batter should have some small lumps.
4. Gently fold in grated apple.
5. Cook on hot griddle. Spoon about ¼ cup of batter for each pancake. Cook until small bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes (2-3 minutes), and then flip and cook on the opposite side until golden brown.
Storing Instructions: After cooking pancakes, allow them to cool completely. Place in an air-tight resealable bag in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. Reheat in the microwave, toaster, or in the oven at 350 for a few minutes.
Freezing Instructions: Allow pancakes to cool completely and place in an air-tight freezer-safe container for 1-2 months. Reheat them in the microwave, toaster, or in the oven at 350 for a few minutes.
Don’t miss my other breakfast recipes! Some of my favorite fall recipes include:
Apple Pie Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar , packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon butter , melted and cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup apple , grated (about 1 medium apple, peeled and grated)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and salt.
- In a separate small bowl combine the milk, egg, butter and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Preheat your skillet over medium heat and grease lightly with butter or cooking spray.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined--don't over mix, the batter should have some small lumps. Gently fold in the grated apple.
- Spoon about ¼ cup of batter for each pancake. Cook until small bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes (2-3 minutes), and then flip and cook on the opposite side until golden brown.
- Serve pancakes warm with your favorite syrup.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Recipe adapted from Averie Cooks
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this recipe August 2014 on All Things Thrifty. Updated December 2019 with new photos, including process photos, and improved instructions.