This healthy Apple Cranberry Pecan Salad is served over kale and spinach and topped with feta cheese and a balsamic vinaigrette.
I feel like it’s been sweets central here lately. Between the toffee bars, ginger molasses cookies, caramel cashew clusters, and salted chocolate covered caramels my mind is screaming for something fresh and healthy!
Have I mentioned that I whip up a salad for myself nearly every day for lunch? I’m ones of those salad crazy people. They are just really easy to throw together when I’m starving.
Contrary to what many people think, salads can be completely filling. It’s not like I’m on a diet. They just fill me up and they taste fresh and delicious. Plus, I love that I can load up my bowl with as much kale and spinach as I can possibly eat.
You can’t say that about too many foods–but those are two that you can completely stuff your face with and never feel guilty.
I have loved this Roasted Butternut Squash Salad so much that I did a fresh spin on it, using apples, cranberries, pecans and feta cheese. The dressings are the same, and they both use a blend of kale and spinach. The result was another salad I just can’t get enough of! So fresh, filling and delicious.
Consider trying these popular salad recipes:
- Classic Wedge Salad
- Healthy Chicken Pasta Salad
- Creamy Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Waldorf Salad
- Thai Quinoa Salad
Apple Cranberry Pecan Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 4 cups fresh kale , ribs removed
- 2 apples , chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans , chopped (*see note below)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
For the balsamic vinaigrette:
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- For the vinaigrette, whisk all ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add kale and spinach to a large salad bowl.
- Top with remaining salad ingredients. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss gently.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.