Apple Pecan Salad
This delicious Apple Pecan Salad is made with bacon, chicken (optional), and light balsamic dressing. Serve it as a side or add chicken and make it a meal!
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
For the Salad:
- 2 heads Lettuce , chopped (I like to use a mixture of red leaf, spring mix, and spinach)
- 1-2 Fuji apples , washed and diced
- 5 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 pound cooked chicken , chopped
For the Light Balsamic Dressing:
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
Toss lettuce, apples, bacon, pecans, and chicken in a large bowl.
Whisk dressing ingredients together and pour over salad. Toss to combine. Enjoy!
To make ahead: Store the main salad ingredients separately and toss them just before eating. After chopping the apples, add a splash of lemon juice to them to keep them from browning.
If you have washed your lettuce you can place a paper towel at the bottom of the bag or bowl to help absorb the extra moisture in the salad. This will help your lettuce stay more fresh.
Calories: 457kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 115mg | Sodium: 293mg | Potassium: 829mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1401IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 3mg