It’s almost Valentine’s Day! I’m running around like crazy trying to round-up preschool valentines and something for my kids and husband. I LOVE this holiday. I love that we have a day dedicated to showing love for each other–friends and family all included.
This time of year I’m usually making several different treats for various Valentine’s Day parties. For our close friends I’ll usually make some of my favorite super soft Valentine Sugar Cookies. Sometimes I’ll whip up one of my favorite chocolate cakes, or these awesome Oreo Cheesecake Bites. But my husband always requests this amazing Raspberry Bread Pudding with Vanilla Cream Sauce!
The best way I can describe this raspberry bread pudding is like a homemade glazed donut with raspberry filling. If you’re into that kinda thing–which, really, who isn’t–this dessert will knock your socks off! It’s A-Mazing.
- 1 loaf aged, white bread
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup peach or apple juice
- 1/2 recipe of Vanilla Cream Sauce
- In a large bowl, combine cream, sugar, egg and vanilla and beat until well combined. Cut bread into 1½ inch cubes and add to cream mixture, stirring to coat the bread well.
- Let bread sit in cream mixture for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to allow cream to absorb.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix the raspberries, sugar and juice and stir gently until the sugar is dissolved, about 3-5 minutes.
- Spay an 8x8'' or similar size baking pan with non-stick spray. Place ¾ of the bread cubes along the bottom of the pan. Spoon raspberry filling over the top, spreading into an even layer. Top with remaining bread mixture.
- Bake for about 38-42 minutes or until bread is slightly golden on top. Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla cream sauce.