I have 4 sister-in-laws (and one sister) that are all my same age! Isn’t that awesome?! They’re the most beautiful, fun girls — I really couldn’t have hand-picked better sisters and I consider them my best friends. I’ve even shared yummy recipes from them on the blog before, like this Tomato Avocado Melt from sister-in-law Alise, and this Tex-Mex Spaghetti Squash from my sister-in-law Alex. Another one of my sister-in-laws, Jessica, blogs over at Pretty Providence and she’s the whole reason I pursued blogging in the first place 🙂 .
If I’m boring you with my family background, I promise I had a point. This Homemade Sparkling Apple Cider, or Martinelli’s copycat recipe is from Jessica–who also shared it on Pretty Providence–and since I love it so much, she let me post it here as well! Did you know a bottle of Martinelli’s is a whopping $2.99 a bottle! And do you know how many people it serves? Like 2! I know this because my parent’s used to stock up on it every year for Christmas Eve dinner, and they’d have to buy 5 cases of the stuff because we went through it so fast! Jessica made this homemade Martinelli’s recipe at a recent family party and you can bet my parents wont be wasting $$ on the real stuff anymore since this copycat recipe is fantastic! And, it serves our huge family, for almost $2.99 TOTAL! So, Thanks Jess, for introducing us to this money saving, genius recipe!
- 1 (12 oz) can frozen apple juice concentrate, mostly thawed
- 1 (12 oz) can frozen white grape juice concentrate, mostly thawed*
- 2 liters 7UP (or Fresca)
- 6 cups ice
- Add all ingredients to a large punch bowl and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
- *You could also just use two cans of frozen apple juice instead of the white grape!
- * I added thinly sliced apples to the drinks, just for aesthetics 🙂