This recipe was originally shared on All Things Thrifty on June 12, 2014
Cowboy Salsa is definitely one of my family’s favorite appetizer/side dishes. We eat this stuff all year round! And, it also happens to be one of the easiest and cheapest recipes I have in my arsenal, making it a total winner! The ingredients are fresh, simple and quick to throw together and I’ve got nothing but rave reviews everywhere I bring it!
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 – 2 cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained
- 6-8 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 avocados, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice of 3 limes
- Sea salt, to taste
- In a large bowl combine beans, corn, tomatoes, and onion. Fold in avocados and cilantro. Squeeze lime juice into the bowl and add a pinch of sea salt. Stir to combine. Add more sea salt, to taste.