Better than takeout Thai Peanut Chicken Pasta – The perfect easy dinner recipe that’s bursting with flavor and uses simple pantry ingredients with sautéed veggies, chicken and a creamy thai peanut sauce.
Have you noticed how I’m all about “better than takeout” meals you can make from home? They’re a fraction of the cost to make and I love knowing exactly what is going in my food. Plus, this way the food is so amazing that you feel like you’re eating out, without spending the money. Some of my favorite “better than takeout” recipes include:
- Restaurant Style Kung Pao Chicken
- P.F. Changs Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Copycat Chick-fil-A sandwich
- General Tso’s Chicken
- Thai Basil Chicken
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Applebee’s Oriental Chicken Salad
What’s not to love about this dish? It’s mixing comfort food with fresh veggies and bold flavors. It’s easy enough for a busy weeknight (this is most definitely a 30-minute meal!) but it’s also beautiful and impressive enough for a special date-night in.
CONSIDER TRYING THESE POPULAR ETHNIC INSPIRED RECIPES:
- Thai Green Curry Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Kung Pao Noodle Stir-Fry
- Korean Bulgogi Bowls
Thai Peanut Chicken Pasta
- 12 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 3 Tablespoons sesame oil , divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon garlic , minced
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 carrots , julienne sliced
- 1 red bell pepper , chopped
- 1 cup napa cabbage , chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage , chopped
- 2/3 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 6 green onions , chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package instructions. Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. Set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil to a large wok or fry pan over medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan and cook for several minutes on both sides, until cooked through.
- Remove to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes, then chop.
- Stir sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon of sesame oil to the pan over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, ginger, carrots, bell pepper, both types of cabbage, peanuts, chopped chicken, and green onions.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes. Lower heat to medium and add the sauce to the pan and toss to combine.
- Serve warm. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.