Lately I have been craving breakfast for just about every meal, and tonight was no exception. Strawberry cream cheese crepes! The original recipe can be found here.
If crepes seem fancy or intimidating, than you have never made them!
They are fast to prepare, easy to make, and so delicious! You could even eat these for dessert, or stuff the crepes with something else to make them work for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
CONSIDER TRYING THESE BREAKFAST FAVORITES:
- Classic French Toast
- German Pancakes
- Breakfast Quessadillas
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos
- Cheesy Egg, Avocado, and Ham Breakfast Sausages
Strawberry Cream Cheese Crepes
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oil (vegetable or canola oil)
For the Filling:
- 2 cups fresh strawberries , sliced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Topping:
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- Combine eggs, milk, flour, salt, sugar, vanilla and oil and beat until smooth. The mixture should be runny.
- In a separate bowl mix strawberries and sugar, set aside.
- In another small bowl cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- In another small bowl, beat whipping cream and sugar on high speed until a thick fluffy cream forms.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat. When skillet is hot, spray well with cooking spray.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter (or less if you are using a small skillet) into pan and tilt pan in a continuous circle until the sides are evenly coated with batter.
- Allow to cook about 2 minutes or until the edges of the crepe start to curl and small air bubbles form in the center. Flip and cook until golden.
- Remove crepe to plate, spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture on crepe, add strawberries and whipping cream, and roll. Serve topped with strawberries and cream.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.