This recipe puts a little twist on traditional hummus by adding spinach and artichoke. I love the green color and the blend of flavors it adds! Hummus can be expensive when bought at the store, and you can easily make it at home with many ingredients you already have on hand.
With just one can of chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans) you can make a TON on yummy hummus.
Consider trying these popular appetizers:
Spinach Artichoke Hummus
- 15 ounce can chickpeas , drained with liquid reserved
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 heaping cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4-6 ounces artichoke hearts , drained
- Place the chickpeas, 2 tbs. of reserved chickpea liquid, tahini, garlic, lemon, and salt in a food processor.
- Process until puréed. Add more chickpea juice to thin, if necessary.
- Add artichoke hearts and spinach. Process until smooth. Refrigerate several hours before serving for flavors to blend.
- Serve with crusty bread, crackers, pitas, or vegetables!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.